City of Moose Jaw parking Meters are in effect from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday. Parking is free at meters after 6 p.m. on weekdays, all-day Saturdays, Sundays and all statutory holidays. Parking meters operate on a maximum three-hour time limit at the rates below.
PARKING METER RATES
Off Main Street
Main Street – Core Area
$0.75 / h
$1.50 / hr
PARK SMART CARD
If you don’t want to worry about having change, you could purchase a pre-loaded “Park Smart” card (can you please hyperlink to the current document I attached) that works at many of the downtown meters.
Parking Tickets can be paid online or via cashiers at City Hall, 228 Main St. North, can accept payment.
The Traffic Bylaw outlines how the City regulates parking to maintain community standards.
Parking Stall Leases
A limited number of parking stalls are currently available in the downtown area. Please contact us at (306)694-4400 or at Reception@moosejaw.ca for more information.
|Electrified parking stalls||$88.00 per month plus GST ($94.40)|
|Non-electrified parking stalls||$78.00 per month plus GST ($81.90)|
- Parking passes must be prepaid – Passes can be purchased from City Hall cashiers on a prepaid basis only. Payment is due on the last business day of the current month or the parking stall will be forfeited.
- Parking Violations – Vehicles not displaying a valid parking pass will be ticketed. Parking Commissioners will monitor the city parking lots for violations.
- Vehicle Length – Vehicles parked in city parking lot stalls cannot exceed 20 feet in length from bumper to bumper.
- Stalls – Parking is authorized only within the boundary lines of the stall issued to the pass holder.
- Refunds – Refunds will be issued only for passes purchased for 12 months or more. A $10.00 administration fee will be applied to the refund.
- Replacement Passes – Replacement passes will be issued with a proof of purchases and the payment of a $10.00 administration fee.
- Responsibility of Parking Pass holders – It is understood that the parking pass holder uses the parking stall assigned to them at their own risk and that the City of Moose Jaw shall not be under any liability whatsoever in respect of personal injury or property loss sustained by the pass holder whatsoever that may arise while using the parking stall or the entrance to or exit from the parking area.
The monthly rental of this parking stall is on the condition that the renter of the parking stall is responsible for any enforcement on parking violations. If someone is parked in your rented stall and you wish to tow the vehicle, you are responsible for contacting the tow truck and any related cost or the recovery of those costs from the offender.
All parking pass holders are required to exercise care and diligence to prevent accidents to others or damage to the property of others lawfully using City of Moose Jaw parking lots. The pass holder will indemnify and save harmless the City of Moose Jaw for and from all claims, actions or demands arising out of their negligence or alleged negligence in the use of the assigned parking stall, including their entrances to and exits from the City of Moose Jaw parking area.
Streets & Transportation
2017 BUILDING PERMITS
$39,635,878 (285 permits) 2016 Building Permits $39,635,878 (306 permits) 2015 Building Permits $53,255,742 (290 permits)
Grown in the region; chic peas, lentils, peas, soybean, mustard
Largest distribution centre for livestock in Saskatchewan
TRANSPORTATION AND UTILITY HUB
Two national railways; CP’s Soo rail line to Chicago; Trans-Canada Highway & #2 Highway; major power transmission lines, natural gas and water pipelines
Vast reserves of high quality potash – two solution mines are located near Moose Jaw
KEY ECONOMIC SECTORS
Potash Mining, Agriculture, Ag-value-added Processing, Nato Flying Training (15 Wing), Transportation (Trucking and Rail), Tourism, and Healthcare
SASKATCHEWAN’s 2018 POPULATION was 1,169,752
The TRADING AREA of Moose Jaw is 60,000
MOOSE JAW 2016 CENSUS POPULATION 33,890,
2018 POPULATION estimated at 35,124