2023 Playground Program update coming May 2023
- 1996 Summer Games Playground: 16th Ave SW (Spray Park)
- Elgin Park: 1000 block 8th Ave NW (Spray Park)
- Kinsmen East End Park 9th Ave. N.E. & Ominica St. E (Coop Spray Park)
- Optimist Park: 5th Ave SW & Lillooet St W
- Sunningdale Park: Daffodil Drive (off of Dogwood Road)
- West End Park: 10th Ave NW and Athabasca St W
All activities are being planned for in person with a focus on being socially distanced to follow Public Health Guidelines
- The Playground Program is for children ages 6 to 12 years and is free of charge.
- Program runs Monday – Friday, 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Staff program each location with training in the areas of being a caring adult, play, friends, mastery and participation.
- Each staff member is certified with HIGH FIVE ® Principles of Healthy Child Development, Standard First Aid and CPR.
- Children can bring a lunch or go home for lunch
- Register at www.moosejaw.ca or in person.
- For more information, please call the Yara Centre at 306 694-4560
Since 1994 the Parks and Recreation Department has operated the Playground Program in local neighbourhoods. The Playground Program is generously sponsored by Saskatchewan Lotteries.
2023 N.A.S.H. unit update coming May 2023
Notoriously Active Summer Happenings (N.A.S.H) Unit
The Youth Activity Centres are back and will operate as a mobile program called Notoriously Active Summer Happenings (N.A.S.H.) Unit. We will be in your neighbourhood this summer.
This program is for youth ages 13 to 17 years and is free of charge. Staff will be at various locations in Moose Jaw to provide outdoor games, events and lots of fun. Each staff is trained in the areas of being a caring adult, play, friends, mastery and participation. For full details, schedules and to register for the NASH Unit events, please visit our online recreation page.
Since 1994 the Parks and Recreation Department has operated a Youth Activity Centre program in local neighbourhoods. The Youth Activity Centre is generously sponsored by Saskatchewan Lotteries and Community Initiative Fund.