PUBLIC SKATING GUIDELINES
- EVERYONE ON THE ICE MUST BE WEARING SKATES UNLESS IN A SLEDGE OR WHEELCHAIR (MUST WEAR A HELMET)
- CHILDREN CANNOT BE CARRIED
- CHILDREN 12 YRS AND UNDER MUST WEAR A HELMET
- CHILDREN 15 YRS AND UNDER MUST BE ACCOMPANIED ON ICE BY AN ADULT
- SKATING DIRECTION WILL CHANGE EVERY 15 MINUTES.
- SKATING SPEED MUST BE ACCEPTABLE FOR ALL SKATERS ON THE ICE
- EARBUDS AND HEADPHONES ARE NOT PERMITTED
- DISRESPECTFUL BEHAVIOUR IS NOT TOLERATED, SUPERVISORS ARE AUTHORIZED TO ENFORCE SKATING GUIDELINES
- FIGURE SKATING JUMPS AND SPINS ARE NOT PERMITTED DURING PUBLIC SKATES
- HOCKEY STICKS OR PUCKS ARE NOT PERMITTED DURING PUBLIC SKATE
- STROLLERS, CHAIRS, SLEDS OR TOBAGGANS ARE NOT PERMITTED
DUE TO COVID REGULATIONS, THE FOLLOWING IS NOT PERMITTED;
- SHARED SKATING AIDS
- ARRIVING MORE THAN 10 MINS PRIOR TO THE SKATE AND STAYING LONGER THAN 10 MINS FOLLOWING THE SKATE
The City of Moose Jaw offers supervised indoor skating at the Kinsmen Sportsplex (855 MacDonald St W) and PlaMor Palace (855 Lillooet St W). The indoor skating program is offered from mid-September to the end of March and includes:
Sticks and Pucks - Practice your shot or stick handle. Everyone must have a helmet, stick and gloves. All youth must have a facemask. No organized hockey games. Access is included in your Recreation Pass.
Shinny - Non contact, co-ed recreation hockey scrimmage. Everyone must have a helmet, stick and gloves. All youth must have a facemask. No fee for goalies.
Family Skate – An adult or guardian is required to be on the ice at all times with children.
Interested in being an Indoor Skating Supervisor? Email your resume to email@example.com
Sponsored by Saskatchewan Lotteries