Weather permitting, Parks & Recreation strive to have the outdoor rinks ready annually for the Christmas season. The lights are on daily from 5:00 – 10:00pm once the outdoor rink is deemed ready for use.
- The Outdoor Rink Program will not operate when the temperature feels like -25C or colder.
- Supervisors are in control on the ice and in the shack.
- When hockey players and skaters are using the rink at the same time, split the ice surface in half, skaters on one end and have the hockey skills on the other half.
- Due to your safety, strollers, chairs, sled or toboggans are not permitted on the ice.
- It is highly recommended that everyone wears a helmet.
- Everyone must respect the rink, the shack, the other users, and the Outdoor Rink Supervisor.
- Absolutely no smoking, drugs or alcohol in the shack or on the ice surface.
- Pets are not to be in the shack or on the ice surface.
- Vehicles are not allowed in the parks, unless there is a gravel parking area.
Program Sponsored by;
Priority 1 Outdoor Rinks – with Snow removal, scraped and flood twice a week and heated shack hours weather permitting.
- East End Rink: 9th Avenue & Ominica Street East – Closed for the Season.
- Sunningdale Rink: Daffodil Drive – Closed for the Season.
- Moose Square Rink: 600 Block Stadacona Street West – Closed for the Season.
- West End Rink: 10th Avenue & Athabasca Street West – Closed for the Season.
- Smith Park Rink: 1200 Block Hastings Street – Closed for the Season.
- Regal Heights Rink: 1400 Block 13th Avenue Northwest – Closed for the Season.
Priority 2 Outdoor Rinks – Snow removal, scrape and flood once a week
- Kinfield Rink: 100 Block Grandview Street West – Closed for the Season.
- Clark Gillies Rink: Ross Crescent & Oxford Street East – Closed for the Season.
- Wood Lily Rink: 466 Wood Lily Drive – Closed for the Season.
Priority 3 Outdoor Rinks – The skating pads will be cleaned and flooded once a week on a variable schedule based on the completion of maintenance on the Priority 1 and Priority 2 rinks.
- Henleaze skating pad: 1100 Block Henleaze Ave – Closed for the Season.
- Elgin Park skating pad: 8th Avenue & Hall Street West – Closed for the Season.
Community Association Outdoor Rinks
Kinsmen West Park skating pad: Meier Drive (Maintenance and Program administered by the Sunningdale/VLA/West Park Community Association) - Closed for the Season.
Veterans Peace Park Rink: Admiral Drive (Maintenance and Program administered by the Sunningdale/VLA Community Association) – Closed for the Season.
Westheath Rink: Wellington Dr. & Spadina Dr. (Maintenance and Program administered by the South Hill Community Association) – Closed for the Season.
Kinsmen Sportsplex: 855 MacDonald St W - Closed for the Season.
Crokicurl combines two iconic Canadian pastimes, crokinole and curling, to become an exciting new outdoor sport! Crokicurl bookings are available online by clicking here, with the City of Moose Jaw app or call 306-694-4483 to book your spot. There is no cost for Crokicurl.
Wakamow Valley Skating Oval
Kiwanis River Park Skating Oval: 305 River Drive (Wakamow) – Closed for the Season.
The public is welcome to skate on the Oval anytime during the operating season. The Oval is a Priority 1 Outdoor Rink.
To book the Kiwanis River Park Pavilion located at the skating Oval, please contact Wakamow directly at (306) 692-2717.
When the Kinsmen Speed Skating Club is using the Oval, it is requested that the public skate on the inside lanes so that the club can practice on the outside lanes. No sticks and pucks are allowed on the ice when the Kinsmen Speed Skating Club is using the Oval.