Parks & Trails
The appeal of a community’s urban environment is often measured by the quality of its parks and trails. Moose Jaw is fortunate to a number of ornamental and natural parks along with a trail network that spans over 40kms.
Moose Jaw’s extensive system of parkland and trails helps improve the quality of life for residents and visitors alike.
Crescent Park, located in the downtown core, is the centrepiece of Moose Jaw’s urban parkland. Waterfalls, fountains, water fowl and a wide variety of plant species make a venture into the park an exciting and interesting experience. There are also a number of natural parks that add to the community’s park network.
- Happy Valley: 1200 Block Wolfe Ave.
- Spring Creek Park: 10th Ave. N.W. & Laurier St.
- Sunningdale Nature Park: Corner of Avens Rd. & Thatcher Dr.
- Connors Park: 9th Ave. S.W. (Wakamow Valley)
- River Park: River Park Drive (Wakamow Valley)
- Tatawaw Park: 7th Ave S.W.
- River Park Campground: 300 River Dr. (Wakamow)
Permission is required for all Outdoor Events hosted on City of Moose Jaw property. All applications will be reviewed by the Parks & Recreation Department and approval is granted once the application is signed by the City.
For reservations, call the River Park Campground at 306-692-2285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Over 40 kilometres of trails encircle the city. Joggers, walkers and inline enthusiasts all take advantage of the varied terrain and sites along the Trails to enhance their outdoor experience. The pathway system winds through well manicured and treed areas into untouched prairie landscape. Urban sections and environmentally significant loop portions add an interesting dimension.
- Cross-Country Ski Trail: Two cross country ski trails are maintained during the winter months.
- Devonian Trail: 4.2 km trail 5th Ave S. E. & Fairford St. E.
- Rotary Trail: 32.3 km. trail around Moose Jaw
- Trans-Canada Trail
- 10 km trail from Coteau St E. & 8th Ave. S.E. to Connor Park
- Wakamow Ecological Trail: 1 km trail 7th Ave. S.W.