KINSMEN SPORTSPLEX AQUATIC FACILITY
- The Kinsmen Sportsplex pool will reopen Thursday, August 13 as part of a staged reopening plan. Full details on registration and safety can be found with our comprehensive Plan.
Due to the current COVID-19 Pandemic, all swimming lessons and registration is currently suspended. With warmer weather approaching, the Parks and Recreation Department would like to remind all parents and caregivers to stay vigilant around backyard pools, lakes and open water (like creeks and rivers). In partnership with the Red Cross, we encourage you to access the following FREE resources for information and activities to help keep you and your family safe in, on and around water, at all times:
- Have Fun (black & white)
- Have Fun (colour)
- It's in the bag (black & white)
- It's in the bag (colour)
- The 7 Differences
- The Observer
- Buckles Colouring Sheet
- Water Safety Brain Games - Cool Detective
- Water Safety Brain Games - Float Plan Handout
- Water Safety Brain Games - Get Help
- Water Safety Brain Games - Potential Dangers of Open Water Word Search
- Water Safety Brain Games - Overboard
- Water Safety Brain Games - PFD Checklist
- Water Safety Brain Games - It's a Plan!
- Water Safety Brain Games - Reach Out
- Water Safety Brain Games - It's a Toss Up!
Older swimmers or those who would like to become a Swimming & Water Safety Instructor can test their water safety knowledge with our Canadian Red Cross Water Safety Quiz.
Health and safety tip sheets are also available for parents and caregivers as a reminder of how to stay safe in, on, and around the water.
We hope these resources help you stay safe until we can resume in-person swimming lessons!