As we re-open in this unprecedented time, we have implemented the Province of Saskatchewan’s guidelines which include several new safety measures for staff and customers. Since many of these measures will be new and will evolve, we want to be sure customers are aware of these changes.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures for you, our customer, and our for employees. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting City of Moose Jaw facilities. Effective November 16, 2020 non-medical masks are required to be worn at all times by members of the public including contractors, in all City facilities and on City Transit. Masks will be provided to those who don’t have one or forgot them.
By entering the building, you and your family are confirming the following:
I do not have unexplained new or worsening symptoms (of any severity) that may include one or more of the following: Fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat, flu-like symptoms, shortness of breath, muscle aches or joint pains, fatigue.
In the last 14 days, I have not been tested for COVID-19 or been confirmed as having COVID-19? (Note: If a negative test result has been received, the person cannot access the facility until 48 hours after the symptoms resolve)
In the last 14 days, I have not been in close physical contact with a person who is currently sick with new or worsening symptoms including cough, fever, or difficulty breathing? (Note: If the close contact has not been tested, the customer cannot access the facility until 14 days after exposure)
In the last 14 days, I have not been in close physical contact with a person who has been tested for COVID-19 or has been confirmed as having COVID-19? (Note: If the close contact has not been tested, the customer cannot access the facility until 14 days after exposure)
I have not travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days.
- I will maintain physical distancing.
We will need your help to ensure we create the safest environment possible.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- You must register for all activities online at www.moosejaw.ca, City of Moose Jaw app or via phone (Yara Centre 306 694-4560 or Kinsmen Sportsplex 306 694-4483).
- Slightly modified hours.
- Reduced capacity and modified user flow.
- Separate entrance and exits.
- Enhanced cleaning by City of Moose Jaw staff.
- Reduced shared equipment / items available.
- All users and all family members must have a PerfectMind user account for contract tracing purposes.
- Swim lessons, indoor skating and fitness classes will return in January.
- All swimmer must have a head to toe cleansing shower.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR FACILITY USERS
- Come dressed for your activity.
- Bring clean indoor shoes at the Yara Centre. Outdoor shoes must be stored on racks.
- Locker rooms and dressing are available reduced capacity.
- Bring your own lock for locker use.
- Member permanent locker service is suspended during the pandemic.
- Towel service will no longer be provided to members at the Kinsmen Sportsplex.
- Water bottles are allowed as water fountains are closed.
- Change rooms and washrooms are available.
- Personal toys are not allowed and all personal equipment must be disinfected at the facilities.
PROPER CLEANING OF EQUIPMENT
- Members and visitors must regularly sanitize and wash their hands.
- Sanitize all equipment before and after use with sanitizer and paper towel provided.
- Please dispose of paper towel after each use.
- Please notify staff if you witness users not following protocol.
- Preauthorized payments will be scheduled to start again September 1, 2020.
- New expiry dates will be established for your membership upon your first visit.
- New memberships are available.
- If you need to make changes to your membership due to COVID-19, please email email@example.com
Customers under 16 years old
- To assist with ensuring physical distancing is respected, all customers under the age of 16 yrs must be accompanied in the water, on the ice, on the turf or in the facilities by a parent or a responsible caregiver that is 16 yrs or over.
- Spectator areas will be closed at all facilities and indoor gathering sizes must be in coherence with the Public Health Orders.
Use of masks
Effective November 27th, wearing a non-medical mask will now be required in all indoor public spaces in Saskatchewan.
Thank you for your cooperation and please note these guidelines continue to change.
- Please see the Province of Saskatchewan website for more details on the Provincial Public Health Orders and the Reopen Saskatchewan plan at www.saskatchewan.ca
Book your activity online at www.moosejaw.ca , with the City of Moose Jaw app or call to ensure your spot. Members can book 5 days in advance and non-members can book 4 days in advance. There are no refunds on bookings. Member no shows will result in cancelation fees.
The City of Moose Jaw is proud to offer four ice surfaces, an indoor swimming pool and indoor fieldhouse.
Visit our Ice and Turf Availability by clicking here
To book turf please call (306) 694-4560. To book ice and pool times, please call (306) 694-4483.