YARA CENTRE AND KINSMEN SPORTSPLEX REOPENING INFORMATION - UPDATED AUGUST 26, 2020
We missed you as much as you missed us. The City of Moose Jaw has begun a phased re-opening of recreation facilities.
As we begin our re-opening of City of Moose Jaw facilities, we are eager to welcome back our users, with the safety of everyone as our priority.
As we re-open in this unprecedented time, we have implemented the Province of Saskatchewan’s guidelines which include several new safety measures for staff and customers. Since many of these measures will be new and will evolve, we want to be sure customers are aware of these changes.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures for you, our customer, and our for employees. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting City of Moose Jaw facilities. Help Saskatchewan flatten the curve.
By entering the building, you and your family are confirming the following:
- I do not have any unexplained, new, or worsening symptoms (of any severity) that may include one or more of the following: cough, runny nose, sore throat, flu like symptoms, shortness of breath, muscle aches or joint pains, fatigue, or fever (38 C or 100.4 F)
- I have not travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days.
- I do not have a positive test for COVID-19.
- I have not been exposed to someone who is under testing for COVID-19 or has been confirmed to having COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- I will maintain 2 metre physical distancing.
We will need your help to ensure we create the safest environment possible.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- You must register for all activities online at www.moosejaw.ca, City of Moose Jaw app or via phone).
- Slightly modified hours.
- Reduced capacity and modified user flow.
- Separate entrance and exits.
- Enhanced cleaning by City of Moose Jaw staff.
- Reduced shared equipment / items available.
- All users and all family members must have a PerfectMind user account for contract tracing purposes.
- Modified swim lessons and fitness classes will return in September.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR FACILITY USERS
- Come dressed for your activity.
- Bring clean indoor shoes for your workout. Outdoor shoes must be stored on racks.
- Locker rooms are available at 50% capacity.
- Bring your own lock for locker use.
- Member permanent locker service is suspended during the pandemic.
- Towel service will no longer be provided to members.
- Water bottles are allowed as water fountains are closed.
- Change rooms and washrooms are available.
- Personal toys are not allowed at the pool and all personal equipment must be disinfected at the pool.
PROPER CLEANING OF EQUIPMENT
- Members and visitors must regularly sanitize and wash their hands.
- Sanitize all equipment before and after use with sanitizer and paper towel provided.
- Please dispose of paper towel after each use.
- Please notify staff if you witness users not following protocol.
- Preauthorized payments will be scheduled to start again September 1, 2020.
- New expiry dates will be established for your membership upon your first visit.
- New memberships are available.
- If you are not ready to come back, please email email@example.com
Customers under 16 years old
- To assist with ensuring physical distancing is respected, all customers under the age of 16 yrs must be accompanied in the water or in the facilities by a parent or a responsible caregiver that is 16 yrs or over.
- Spectator areas will remain closed at this time.
Use of masks
- Health officials highly recommend the use of masks at indoor recreation facilities and have agreed that wearing a non-medical mask (e.g. cloth or other materials) – even if you have no symptoms – is an additional measure you may take to protect others around you, particularly in situations where the recommended physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Please see the Province of Saskatchewan website for more details on the Provincial Public Health Orders and the Reopen Saskatchewan plan at www.saskatchewan.ca
Book your activity online at www.moosejaw.ca , with the City of Moose Jaw app or call to ensure your spot. Members can book 5 days in advance and non-members can book 4 days in advance. There are no refunds on bookings. Member no shows will result in cancelation fees.
The City of Moose Jaw is proud to offer four ice surfaces, an indoor swimming pool and indoor fieldhouse.
To book turf or ice please call (306) 694-4447. To book pool times, please call (306) 694-4447