Parks Recreation & Culture
Decorum in the Public Gallery
Citizens are invited and entitled to observe all open sittings of Moose Jaw City Council.
In respect for the Mayor and Elected Council of the City of Moose Jaw, visitors to the Gallery are requested to observe the following decorum:
1. No member of the public may address Council without express permission from the presiding officer.
2. Members of the public shall maintain order and quiet.
3. Applause or other response to speeches of members or others addressing council must be respectful and at the completion of statements or presentations in order to avoid interruption or interference of speakers.
4. No displays of picket signs, placards or like materials which distract from the proceedings and interfere with decorum will be allowed.
5. No cameras, flashes, or video recording equipment may be used in Council Chambers without prior permission of the Mayor or presiding Member.
6. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult (except on approved school tours).
7. No food or beverages are allowed in the Gallery (with exception of water bottles).
8. Members of the public are not allowed on the floor of Chambers during sittings of Council without permission from the Mayor or presiding Member.
Any person who disturbs the proceedings of Council with words or actions, including clapping or standing in support of speakers or displaying placards or similar material, will be requested to leave.
If such person refuses to leave when requested to do so, the Mayor or presiding officer may, upon Resolution of Council, expel such person on any terms and conditions determined by City Council.
By Order of City Council Pursuant to Bylaw 5176