News Release - Contractor Announced for Phase 3 of Water Main Replacement
March 22, 2018
CONTRACTOR ANNOUNCED FOR PHASE 3 OF WATER MAIN REPLACEMENT
MOOSE JAW - The City of Moose Jaw has awarded the contract for Phase 3 of the Water Main Replacement Program to KMS Construction.
Based out of Tuxford, SK, KMS was also the contractor for Phase 1 of the Water Main Replacement Program in 2016.
At a cost of $5.9 million, Phase 3 of the program will see 2.7 km of outdated water main pipe replaced across eight separate locations within the City of Moose Jaw.
Water mains scheduled to be replaced with the 2018 program include:
- Manitoba St. E from Main St. N to Third Ave NE – 561 m
- Second Ave NE from Fairford St E to Manitoba St. E – 328 m
- Twelfth Ave SW from Lillooet St W to Vaughan St W – 577 m
- Athabasca St. W from Ninth Ave NW to 10th Ave NW – 271 m
- Seventh Ave NW from Saskatchewan St. W to MacDonald St. – 215 m
- Algoma Ave from MacDonald St. to Laurier St. W – 61 m
- Eleventh Ave NE from Fairford St. E to Stadacona St. E – 225 m
- Athabasca St. E from Eleventh Ave NE to 13th St. NE – 412 m
This work is part of a 20-year, $117-million commitment made by City Council in 2015 to address failing underground infrastructure in Moose Jaw.
Affected Phase 3 property owners are being contacted by the City with details surrounding the project and how it will affect them. All affected property owners are invited to Information Sessions to learn more. The Information Sessions will be held in Council Chambers (2nd floor) at Moose Jaw City Hall on the following dates:
- March 28 7:00-9:00 p.m.
- April 3 7:00-9:00 p.m.
City of Moose Jaw
P: (306) 694-4406 C: (306) 513-8980