As noted, service is provided on four routes which converge on the downtown core.
- Route 1 – Athabasca East
- Route 2 – Sunningdale
- Route 3 – Athabasca West/Thatcher
- Route 4 – Westmount
Popular destinations via routes from downtown:
- Mall, Superstore, Wal-Mart, Trailer Courts, Union Hospital, A.E. Peacock Collgiate – Utilize Route 1 – Athabasca East
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic, Sportsplex, Mall, Vanier Collegiate – Utilize Route 2 – Sunningdale
- Pioneer Lodge, Central Collegiate – Utilize Route 3 – Athabasca East/Thatcher
- South Hill Clinic, South Hill Mall, Extendicare, Riverview Collegiate – Utilize Route 4 – Westmount
Moose Jaw Transit "School Extra" Bus Information
Moose Jaw Transit provides a School Extra bus from South Hill every school day morning to assist the regular route bus in getting Students from South Hill to their respective North Hill schools in a timely fashion.
The current schedule for this extra bus is:
MORNING SCHEDULE 1:
- Coteau St W & 9th Ave S W 7:42 am
- Warner St & 16th Ave S W 7:50 am
- Vaughan St & 9th Ave SW 7:57 am
- Coteau St W & 4th Ave SW 8:00 am
- Pizza Hut on Main St 8:10 am*
- Vanier Collegiate 8:15 am
- *Peacock and Central students disembark
MORNING SCHEDULE 2:
- Main St & High St: 8::33 am*
- Pizza Hut on Main 8:35 am**
- Vanier Collegiate 8:39 am
- Sask Polytechnic 8:41 am
- *Central Students from all buses transfer to #3 Atha W at this time
- **Peacock stop
There are two pick up points for the afternoon school extra bus. After leaving the Panda Tire stop this bus becomes a ‘drop off’ only (no pick ups) bus as it services the Westmount #4 (South Hill) route. Reminder that extra South Hill bus stop locations have been added on the Westmount route - on Coteau St. (just east of Arlington Avenue intersection), Arlington Avenue (just north of Wellington Drive intersection) and on Wellington Drive (just west of 16th Avenue SW intersection).
- Main St N & Oxford St 3:28 pm
- Main St N & Ross St (Panda Tire) 3:30 pm
Please try to be 3-4 minutes early at your bus stop
**Reminder - wearing of masks is mandatory.
As per provincial government restrictions, the wearing of non-medical masks or face coverings is mandatory on Moose Jaw Transit. Masks will be made available to boarding passengers upon request. Passengers will not be denied service for not wearing a mask.
The routes are shown on the map below (Click for larger image):
Bus stops are placed along each route at locations that are practical based on spacing (between stops) and roadway geometry. Stops are placed at or adjacent to major intersections as well as every two to three blocks.
Shelters are located at busy bus stop sites and in locations where weather may be a factor in passenger comfort.