Any resident of the City of Moose Jaw who is unable to use the regular transit system because of a physical or mental challenge may register for the Paratransit service. Registration for visitors to the City of Moose Jaw is also available. Applicants are encouraged to utilize Moose Jaw Transit’s regular service accessible low-floor buses whenever possible.
An application form must be completed and is available here, at City Hall or the Kinsmen Sportsplex.
Please send the completed application form to:
Moose Jaw Transit
228 Main Street North
Moose Jaw, SK S6H 3J8
Forms may be emailed to email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed and eligibility will be determined in consultation with professionals as designated by the applicant. The eligibility determination will be made within 21 days of receipt of completed application. The final determination of eligibility will be in writing and will inform the applicant of the acceptance or denial of eligibility and in the case of a denial, the reason(s) for such. In the event eligibility is denied, a full description of the appeals process shall be included with the written determination. Once your application has been approved, you will be able to book and ride on the Paratransit service.
Current transit fares, ticket and pass amounts can be found here.
Regular service bus tickets/monthly passes are not valid for Paratransit service – please request the “Paratransit” pass/tickets when purchasing. Senior Annual Passes are valid for Regular service and Paratransit service.
Please have exact fare ready if paying by cash.
One (1) attendant may travel with you free of charge
For safety reasons, youths and children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
Monday to Friday – 7:30 am - 5:30 pm
Saturday – 10:30 am - 5:30 pm
Paratransit Service does not operate on Sundays or Statutory Holidays.
Service can be provided in one of two ways – subscription and demand:
Subscription: If you travel to and from work, school or medical appointments on a regular basis you are eligible for subscription service. Once you have made the initial arrangements the Paratransit van will be there on a regular basis. Minor time changes may be required from time to time and we appreciate your cooperation to assist us in accommodating additional riders
Due to the limited service availability, Subscription Service may not be available on Saturday.
Demand: To request a one-time trip, please call the Transit office. We ask that you give as much notice as possible for trip requests as we book up quickly and cannot guarantee availability.
To Book a Ride
To Book a Ride:
- Call the Transit office at 306-694-4488 between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday to Friday
- Request a Paratransit trip and provide
- Your full name and number of additional passengers or attendants
- Your phone number
- Requested pickup time – Specify appointment time, if applicable
- Pickup location street address
- Destination street address
- Details for your return trip (if required)
To cancel a trip, please give the office a call a minimum of 24 hours in advance. If the Paratransit van is dispatched you will be charged.
- Service is from accessible door to accessible door ONLY. Drivers will assist you to and from the Paratransit van and the door.
- Please be ready at ground level 5 minutes before your pick-up time. Drivers will wait up to 3 minutes past the scheduled pick-up time.
- The Paratransit service is neither a moving service nor a delivery service. Please limit your carry-on packages to what you can manage comfortably.
- All passengers must wear seatbelts and wheelchairs must be equipped with seatbelts.
- Weight limit for mobility devices with client is restricted to 600 lbs total weight
- Smoking is not allowed on Paratransit vans.
- House numbers and stairwells should be well lit.
- Steps and walkways must not be slippery due to a painted surface, ice, snow or rain.
PLEASE REMEMBER that the Paratransit Service is not a taxi service, but a “shared-ride” public transit system. As such, please be prepared to be flexible when requesting service. We will do our best to accommodate your request.
Ride-sharing helps us serve more people!