City of Moose Jaw Transit Division
NEW FARES IN EFFECT
New Rates for Moose Jaw Transit and Paratransit go into effect Monday, February 1, 2021. Approved by the City Council during 2021 Budget deliberations, the following changes will be implemented:
- Regular Transit: $2.25 per ride.
- Paratransit: $1.50 per ride.
Transfers within 90 minutes of original boarding time will now be included with your cash fare. Regular transit service is provided on modern, accessible vehicles. All of our buses were replaced in 2008 and come equipped with two wheelchair locations, a loading ramp and a kneeling feature to ease access and egress.
For more details click the Fares and Passes link below.
Moose Jaw Transit service is provided on four routes which converge in the downtown core in the vicinity of City Hall and the Mae Wilson theatre. Only a few areas of the City are outside of a 300 walking distance (5 minutes) of a bus stop.
Electronic destination signs display the route number and name. The route name is reflective of the area of the city service by the route. The route number is also displayed on the curb side and rear of the transit vehicles.
As per provincial government restrictions, the wearing of non-medical masks or face coverings is mandatory on Moose Jaw Transit. Masks will be made available to boarding passengers upon request. Passengers will not be denied service for not wearing a mask. Additional safety guidelines:
- Full-seated loads only; no standing room available.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Any passenger calling Paratransit to request a ride will be asked a series of assessment questions provided by the Saskatchewan Health Authority to determine the passenger's well-being.
Learn more about non-medical mask usage:
- Federal guidance on non-medical masks & face coverings
- Provincial guidance on non-medical cloth masks