City of Moose Jaw Transit Division
NEW FARES IN EFFECT
New Rates for Moose Jaw Transit and Paratransit went into effect Monday, February 1, 2021. Approved by the City Council during 2021 Budget deliberations, the following changes have been implemented:
- Regular Transit: $2.25 per ride.
- Paratransit: $1.50 per ride.
Transfers within 90 minutes of original boarding time will now be included with your cash fare. Regular transit service is provided on modern, accessible vehicles equipped with lowering boarding platforms and loading ramps as well as two wheelchair spaces to accommodate customers with special needs.
For more details click the Fares and Passes link below.
Moose Jaw Transit service is provided on four routes which converge in the downtown core in the vicinity of City Hall and the Mae Wilson theatre. Only a few areas of the City are outside of a 300 walking distance (5 minutes) of a bus stop.
Electronic destination signs display the route numbers and names on the buses. The route name is reflective of the area of the city serviced by the route. The route number is also displayed on the curb side and rear of the transit vehicles.
As per Saskatchewan Public Health, the wearing of non-medical masks or face coverings is mandatory on Moose Jaw Transit, subject to exemption as per the current Public Health Order. Additional safety guidelines:
- Full-seated loads only; no standing room available.
- Disposable masks are available to passengers upon request.
- Hand sanitizer is available to passengers on all buses.
- Buses are disinfected periodically throughout the day, and thoroughly cleaned daily.
- Please stay home if you are sick exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days, have been in close contact with a confirmed positive case within the past 14 days, or have travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days.
Learn more about non-medical mask usage:
- Federal guidance on non-medical masks & face coverings
- Provincial guidance on non-medical cloth masks