Steps To Becoming A Lifeguard
- Bronze Medallion - pre-requisites: 13 years or Bronze Medallion
- Bronze Cross - pre-requisites: Bronze Medallion
- Standard First Aid and CPR - no pre-requisites
- National Lifeguard - pre-requisites: 15 years, Bronze Cross and Standard First Aid
Steps To Becoming An Instructor
Red Cross Water Safety Instructor - pre-requisites: 15 years, Red Cross Assistant Lifeguard or Bronze Cross
- Attend and pass Strokes and Skills Evaluation (4 hours)
- Complete Online Course (14-20 hours)
- Complete hours of Teaching Experience (8 hours, assigned times)
- Attend and pass Pool/Classroom Session (21 hours)
Lifesaving Instructor - pre-requisites: 16 years and Bronze Cross
SPRA Aquatic Fitness Leader – pre-requisites: 16 years and Standard First Aid/CPR-C
Advanced Leadership Courses Online Registration
You can browse and register for Advanced Courses being offered this season. To register in person visit the Kinsmen Sportsplex , Phyllis Dewar Outdoor Pool or Yara Centre.
Times and dates are subject to change and minimum registrants required.
Registration is on a first come, first served basis in person or online registration.
All fees are payable at the time of registration.
Transfers will be allowed up to two weeks prior to the start of the registered session, providing room is available.
Valid memberships receive a 20% discount on any swim lessons.
Recreation Program Refund Policy - pdf
For more information call (306) 694-4483.