Sewer & Water
Stormwater Discharge & Contamination Prevention
Yellow Fish Road Program
The Sewer and Water Division maintains 265 km of water mains and 178 km of sewer mains in the City. The cast iron water mains are prone to corrosion and breakage and have to be repaired when they do leak. The sewer mains also need constant attention, and are flushed on a regular program.
As well as maintenance programs, the Sewer and Water Division has an annual capital program, replacing $360,000 of failed water mains (about 5 blocks), and $70,000 of deteriorating sewer mains. New construction is also part of the Division’s activities, and all new residential subdivisions and utilities are constructed by the Sewer and Water crews.
All sewer and water connections from the City mains to individual properties are constructed by the Division’s crews. Commercial connections and replacement of existing residential connections are handled by the Public Works Department. If you require a new residential connection you must contact the Utilities Officer in the Utilities Department.
Replacement Residential Water and Sewer Connections;
Steps to take!
- For replacement of residential connections, the City must install the portion of the connection from the City mains to the property line. The customer may have the portion from the property line to the building installed privately or by the City.
- The price for the replacement residential connection is a firm price, determined by the portion of the service connection that the customer wants replaced.
- A deposit equal to the full cost of the replacement will be required before the work can begin. Residents may qualify to have the cost amortized on their property taxes. Signatures will also be required on some agreements when the deposit is paid.
New or Replacement Commercial Water and Sewer Connections;
Steps to take!
- For commercial connections, the City must install the portion of the connection from the City mains to the property line. The customer may have the portion from the property line to the building installed privately.
- Customers wishing to obtain a connection estimate must submit a letter and drawing including the size and type of service connection being requested, location of the proposed connection in relation to the property line and the building and all relative location measurements.
- The price quoted for the commercial connections is a firm price. If you request that the City install the portion from the property line to the building, an estimate will be prepared on that portion based on a measurement given by the customer. A deposit equal to eighty percent (80%) of the full amount of the price quote will be required before the work can begin. Signatures will also be required on some agreements when the deposit is paid.
|For further information contact:||Public Works|
Phone: (306) 694-4450
Fax: (306) 691-0292