Parks Recreation & Culture
Canadian Tire Jumpstart
- Canadian Tire Jumpstart is a national charitable program launched by the family of Canadian Tire companies in 2005.
- The program helps financially disadvantaged children and youth participate in organized sport and recreation by helping cover registration, equipment and/or transportation costs.
- For some kids, the program gives them the chance to experience a sport for the very first time and for others, it is the boost they need to continue with an activity they love.
- The City of Moose Jaw’s Parks and Recreation Department administers the Moose Jaw Jumpstart Chapter on behalf of the Canadian Tire Jumpstart Program.
- The Parent or Guardian of youth who are in need of funding for organized Sport activities in the Moose Jaw community.
- The Canadian Tire Jumpstart Sponsorship Program is aimed at youth ages 4-18. This program helps kids become involved in a social setting, learn new life skills, and helps out the families who can’t afford to have their children in various extracurricular activities.
- Children can be funded up to a maximum of $150 per sport/activity (up to $600 per child in a calendar year); subject to Chapter discretion and/or local demands.
- There are no longer deadlines. All Jumpstart applications will be processed when received.
Apply Online here
Or download the Paper Jumpstart Application - pdf
Or visit Parks and Recreation , 4th Floor City Hall, Yara Centre or Kinsmen Sportsplex for an application
Paper applications can be dropped off, mailed, faxed or emailed to:
City of Moose Jaw
Parks & Recreation Department
228 Main St. N., 4th Floor
Moose Jaw, SK S6H 3J8
Phone: (306) 694-4447
Fax: (306) 692-7151
The application must be readable and completely filled out to be eligible for funding.
Cheques will only be issued to local Moose Jaw Sport Organizations, not to individuals. Once funding has been approved, the City will notify the organization that their participant(s) will be receiving funding, and then Jumpstart will issue the organization a cheque from their head office. All cheques should be received by the organizations approx. 4 weeks following the submission.
Be sure to notify the Organization that you have applied for your child to receive Jumpstart funding and give them the heads up as to the time frame for when they would be notified if your child was allocated funding.