PROGRAM OVERVIEW AND APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
The Moose Jaw Small Business Support Program (MJSBSP) has been launched as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Program provides financial assistance to small businesses that have been ordered to temporarily close or substantially curtail operations through the public health orders by the Chief Medical Health Officer of Saskatchewan. The Program provides a one-time credit to businesses that can be used to apply to their municipal tax account.
The Program provides a municipal tax credit to eligible businesses (a one-time $500.00 credit).
To be eligible, a Moose Jaw business must:
- Have been carrying on business in Moose Jaw on February 29, 2020;
- Have been ordered to temporarily close or curtail operations through a COVID-19 health order;
- Attest that they:
- Have experienced a minimum 70% loss in revenue due to a COVID-19 public health order;
- Plan to reopen operations following the cancellation of the COVID-19 public health order;
- Have acknowledgment of approval of any provincial or federal government support program;
- They are a Class A or B business within the City of Moose Jaw Business License categories;
- Are not a home based or transient business;
- If renting commercial space, confirmation from the Landlord that a credit towards the property taxes will be applied to the renter’s monthly rent bill; and
- Apply on or before June 30, 2020.
- Review all eligibility requirements;
- Complete the application form found by clicking here.
- Declare application to be true and accurate;
- Consent to information being used to confirm eligibility; and
- Scan and email completed application form and all relevant documents to: email@example.com
Applications will be processed and accepted until June 30, 2020. Complete applications with all required information will be given priority.
Applications may be audited after a payment is provided. Any payments that are deemed to be ineligible will be considered a debt owing to the City of Moose Jaw.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.