Moose Jaw Residents

Generic filters
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in excerpt

What Should I do First?

SIN Number

A Social Insurance Number (SIN) is required in order to work in Canada or to get benefits and services from government programs. If you are eligible to work in Canada, you can get a Social Insurance Number (SIN). This includes: Canadian citizens, permanent residents, some temporary residents, and some refugee claiments. If you are a refugee claimant or a temporary resident, you will get a SIN with an expiration date. These SINs start with 9. To find out more, click on the info link.

Each SIN is for one person only. No one is allowed to use it. It is your duty to take care of your SIN. Store your SIN in a safe place. Do not keep it with you. Remember your number or have a photocopy with you when you fill out forms or other legal documents. You should be very careful about who you share your SIN with. To find out more when to share your SIN, click the info link.

Health Card

Health care in Canada is funded though general tax revenue. A Saskatchewan Health Card is needed to get these services in Saskatchewan. Some people are eligible for benefits from the day they move to Saskatchewan, whil others' coverage may not begin until the first day of the third calendar month following the day they established residency in Saskatchewan. It is best to apply as soon as possible. To see if and when you are eligible for a Saskatchewan Health card, click on the info link.

For more information or to apply, click on the info link.

© city of moose Jaw Saskatchewan. All Rights reserved. Site by AdSpark Communications

Any email address or contact form contained within this site shall not be used to send unsolicited email.