Generic filters
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in excerpt

After You Arrive

Language Services If English is not your native language, it's a good idea to have a language assessment (a test of your English) as soon as possible. This can be arranged through the Moose Jaw Muilticultural Council or the Newcomer Welcome Centre. For eligible newcomers, language services are free of charge. There are classes in the day, in the evening, and online. For permanent residents, MJMC offers day classes, while Saskatchewan Polytechnic offers evening classes to PRs and citizens. Other classes of newcomers may be eligible for MJMC's evening classes. For more information click on the info link. You must be signed up to take an online class. Sign up can be done through the Moose Jaw Multicultural Council. To find out more, click on the info link. Or contact the Moose Jaw Multicultural Council at 306 693 4677

Transportation You can get around Moose Jaw by bus, taxi, bicycle, car, motorcycle, or by walking. There is also transportation for persons with disabilities. Buses run from about 7:00 AM to 6:30 PM, every 30 minutes, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, and every hour on Saturday. On Thursday the buses run later, usually until 9:30pm. There is usually no bus service on Sundays or holidays. Bus service passes close to all the big shops, the hospital, medical clinics and local schools. You can buy a bus pass, so you do not need money each time you use the bus. Bus passes cost less if you are a student or over 65. To find out more on the bus service, click on the info link. For taxicabs, click on the info link. Not all listed taxis run all day and night.

Municipal Services and Utilities


Water, sewage, garbage collection, and road cleaning (including snow removal) are all looked after by the City of Moose Jaw. If you live in an apartment, you will likely not have to pay for any of these. If you rent a home, you may have to pay for water and sewage. If you own your own home, then you will have to pay for water and sewage. To find out more, click on the info link.

Heating Your Home

Electricity and natural gas are delivered by Saskatchewan Government companies. The electricity company is called SaskPower. The natural gas company is called SaskEnergy. You will probably have to pay for electricity, whether you own or rent. You will probably have to pay for natural gas if you rent or own a house. What you pay depends on the size of your home and how much you use. You will probably not have to pay for natural gas if you rent an apartment. To find out more, click on the info links below. Electricity Natural Gas If you rent or own a mobile home, the heat may come from propane from an external tank. You can buy this propane from a local dealer and have it taken to your home.

Telephone Service

For more information on telephone services in Moose Jaw, please see our Communication Services page.

© city of moose Jaw Saskatchewan. All Rights reserved. Site by AdSpark Communications

Any email address or contact form contained within this site shall not be used to send unsolicited email.