Thatcher Drive West Paving Project; Iron Bridge Access Update
August 27, 2021
MOOSE JAW – The City of Moose Jaw advises that a paving project and CN train tracks upgrade on Thatcher Drive West continues and has been slightly delayed due to rain.
Crews are paving Thatcher Drive West from VLA Gate to 13th Avenue NW, including both VLA Gate & 13th Avenue NW intersections, and the construction includes upgrades to the CN track.
The City is providing the following construction/traffic updates:
- Iron Bridge residents: Access is available via Simcoe Street.
- Thatcher Drive West from 13th NW to Simcoe Street will be opened to traffic by 5:00 p.m. today (Friday, August 27).
- Road closed signs will remain from 11th NW to CN track crossing.
- VLA residents are still to use 11th NW and/or 9th Ave. NW then Normandy Drive.
- Heavy truck detour route will stay in place through Monday, August 30, as planned.
The City asks all drivers to obey signage and exercise caution in construction zones for the safety of everyone. The City thanks residents and visitors for their patience while we complete this important infrastructure upgrade.