June 6, 2022
MOOSE JAW – The City of Moose Jaw advises that a paving project on Thatcher Drive West will begin Wednesday, June 8, 2022.
Crews will pave the road of Thatcher Drive West from Wood Lily Drive to VLA Gate, including both 9th Avenue NW and 11th Avenue NW intersections. Wood Lily Drive and VLA Gate intersections will remain open to traffic.
The construction will occur in two phases, with one of 9th Ave NW and 11th Ave NW remaining open during the project, according to this schedule (weather permitting):
- Wood Lily Dr to 11th Ave NW: 9th Ave NW will be closed June 8, 9, 10 & 11 for milling & 16, 17, 18 & 19 for paving.
- 11th Ave NW to VLA Gate: 11th Ave NW will be closed June 12, 13, 14, & 15 for milling & 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23 for paving and June 24 for line painting.
Residents will be required to take alternate routes throughout the duration of the work. Recommended alternate accesses are as follows:
- West Park residents: Use Meier Drive, West Park Drive, Iris Drive, then Wood Lily Drive
- 11th Avenue residents South of Thatcher Drive: Use Normandy Drive then 9th Avenue NW
- Traffic from 9th Avenue NW: North bound, use Normandy Drive and South bound, to Iris Drive
- Heavy Hauling Truck from Highways – 1 & 2 take 9th Ave NE instead of 9th Ave NW
Moose Jaw Transit routes and bus stops will also be affected by this project. View the changes on the City’s Transit page. The City of Moose Jaw asks all drivers to obey signage and exercise caution in construction zones for the safety of everyone.
The project is estimated to be complete and the construction area completely reopened to traffic on June 25 (weather permitting).