February 14, 2023
Moose Jaw, SK – The City of Moose Jaw’s Smart Water Meter Project is progressing. The $6.5-million project, approved by City Council in 2020, entails replacing all old water meters in the city (approximately 12,500).
Residents will be given advance notice of their replacement by the City’s contractor, Neptune Technologies, and will be able to schedule an appointment for the installation of the new digital smart water meters. For project scheduling purposes the City has been divided into six sections. The map below shows the order of installation (Zone 1 installations began in November 2022).
Benefits of the new water meters include:
- Eliminates the need for Utility customers to submit water meter readings.
- Eliminates the need for Utility employees to enter a property.
- Eliminates the current process of billing estimates as each billing will be accurate to the date the billing was processed.
- Eliminates the risk of a faulty reading and mistaken billings.
- Eliminates the risk of undetected water leaks.
Questions or concerns? There are multiple ways to find the information you need. If your question is about:
- Installation/scheduling/technical inquiries about Smart Meters: Contact Neptune Technologies 1-800-667-4387 or watermeterappt.com
- Billing Inquiries: contact City of Moose Jaw Customer Service at 306-694-4400 or email: email@example.com
- Program benefits and objectives: contact Engineering Services Department at 306-694-4596 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no health risks from the Smart Water Meters. Details, and answers to other Frequently Asked Questions can be found at www.MooseJaw.ca/watermeterreplacement.