Smart Water Meter Installation To Begin This Month
November 4, 2022
Moose Jaw, SK – The City of Moose Jaw’s Smart Water Meter Project will begin in November, 2022.
The Smart Water Meter Project was approved by City Council in 2020, and Neptune Technologies has been selected as the contractor through the City’s Request For Proposals (RFP) process. The $6.5-million project will entail replacing all old water meters in the city (approximately 12,500).
The replacement project will occur in phases, with each phase aligned with the City’s existing billing routes. Customers in the first selected route will receive the new meters beginning in November and letters to those customers are in the process of being delivered to outline the process for replacement. The entire project is anticipated to be complete by the Fall of 2024.
“The new smart meters will provide utility customers and the City multiple benefits,” said Jim Puffalt, City Manager. “The program will allow greater convenience, more efficient billing and eliminate risk.” Some of the highlights of the program include:
- Eliminates the need for Utility customers to submit water meter readings
- Eliminates the need for Utility employees to enter a property.
- Eliminates the current process of billing estimates as each billing will be accurate to the date the billing was processed.
- Eliminates the risk of a faulty reading and mistaken billings.
- Eliminates the risk of undetected water leaks as the system will notify the City if there are instances of abnormal water consumption.
Residents that have questions or concerns about the program can visit www.MooseJaw.ca/watermeterreplacement to view answers to Frequently Asked Questions and get full program details.
For water meter billing inquiries, please contact City of Moose Jaw Customer Service (306) 694-4400 or email: email@example.com.