October 13, 2023
Moose Jaw, SK – Tuesday, October 24, the City of Moose Jaw invites residents to have their say about the future of transportation in Canada’s Most Notorious City.
The Open House will be presented in a come-and-go format by KGS Group, the City’s study consultant, on work completed to date for the Transportation Master Plan (TMP). There will also be opportunity for residents to discuss the work completed so far and provide additional input on roadways, transit, cycling and walking infrastructure in Moose Jaw.
Please join us:
Moose Jaw Events Centre
Tuesday, October 24, 2023
4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
What is a Transportation Master Plan?
The TMP will establish a comprehensive plan for future transportation investments in Moose Jaw. The Plan will address travel by all modes, including pedestrians, cyclists, transit, passenger car and commercial trucks and will focus on addressing transportation safety, operations, and capacity issues.
Why the Transportation Master Plan Matters:
Transportation, when well-planned, connects people to jobs, schools, healthcare, and recreational opportunities. The TMP recommendations will help to:
- Improve Mobility: Develop strategies to reduce congestion and improve the flow of traffic.
- Enhance Safety: Focus on safety improvements for pedestrians, cyclists, and motorists.
- Promote Sustainability: Identify opportunities to reduce emissions and make transportation more eco-friendly.
- Increase Accessibility: Ensure that transportation options are accessible and inclusive for all members of our community.
- Support Economic Growth: Enhance transportation networks to foster economic development and job creation.
- Quality of Life: Promote a high quality of life through efficient, reliable, and sustainable transportation options.