November 3rd 2021 Mayoral By-Election – Free Transit Service; Extended Hours
November 2, 2021
Moose Jaw, SK – The City of Moose Jaw is providing free fixed route Transit service on November 3, 2021 to accommodate voters getting to and from the polls for the Mayoral By-Election.
Transit service is available to voters with special needs to/from polling locations free of charge on election day. Trips may be booked between 9:00 am and 8:00 pm. Call the Transit office at 306-694-4488 to book your trip!
Fixed Route Transit service will be extended until 8:30 pm on all routes to accommodate evening voters. The fixed routes will see minor modifications to get voters as close to the polling locations as possible. The Fixed Route Schedule for November 3rd is posted below:
Route 1 – Athabasca East / Poll #3 – Cosmo Senior Center
- Utilize the regular bus stop on the Northwest corner of Fairford St E & 3rd Ave NE (Walk across the street to the Cosmo Senior Centre)
Route 2 – Sunningdale / Poll #1 – Exhibition Convention Center
- Route 2 – Sunningdale will reroute East on Thatcher Drive to the Exhibition Grounds
- Utilize the temporary bus stop at the Administration Office entrance at the Exhibition Convention Center
- Sunningdale bus stops between the Town ‘n’ Country Mall and West Park Crossing will run approximately 3-5 minutes behind for the duration of the day due to the reroute
Route 3 – Athabasca West-Thatcher / Poll #4 – Minto United Church
- Route 3 – Atha West is temporary rerouting North on Connaught Ave, West on Hall St W, and South on Monk Ave, due to construction on Oxford St W in front of the Minto United Church
- Utilize the temporary bus stop at Oxford St W / Monk Ave (Walk half a block East to the Minto United Church)
Route 4 – Westmount / Poll #2 – Church of Our Lady
- Route 4 – Westmount will reroute South on 7th Ave SW, East on Keith Cres, and North on 6th Ave SW. The bus stop at 7th Ave SW & Duffield St W will be temporarily out of service for the day.
- Utilize the temporary bus stop at 6th Ave SW & Vaughan Street (in front of the Church of Our Lady)