August 30, 2021
MOOSE JAW – To better serve more high school students in Moose Jaw, City of Moose Jaw Transit has implemented some changes to our daily “School Extra Run” bus service, effective Wednesday, September 1, 2021.
The changes were made in consultation with Prairie South School Division and Holy Trinity Catholic School Division, and include:
- Following South Hill pickups, the School Extra bus will route to the Northwest and provide service to an additional seven bus stops before linking up with the Sunningdale/Route 2 bus at the Kinsmen Sportsplex.
- At the Kinsmen Sportsplex, Vanier Collegiate students on board the School Extra bus will transfer to the Sunningdale/Route 2 bus.
- At the Kinsmen Sportsplex, Sunningdale-area students attending Central Collegiate or A.E. Peacock Collegiate will transfer to the School Extra bus.
- After drop-off at Central and Peacock, the School Extra bus will link up with all regular bus routes downtown at the Main St./High St. transfer point.
- At the transfer point at 8:33 am, students from all regular routes can transfer to the School Extra bus to be taken up Main St. and to Vanier Collegiate.
- At the end of the school day the School Extra bus will pick up at Main St./Oxford St. West and Main St./Ross St. West, proceeding to South Hill and then the NW area of the city, completing the route in the same order as the morning (first on at the start of the day will be first off at the end of the day).
South Hill families should note that the School Extra bus will not make all stops on Route 4/Westmount. To ensure expedient service the number of bus stops on School Extra have been reduced to those centrally located to serve most students within a 500m walking radius. The revised School Extra route schedule can be viewed at MooseJaw.ca/Transit.
Monthly student bus passes are available for purchase at City Hall, Kinsmen Sportsplex, Central Collegiate, A.E. Peacock Collegiate and Vanier Collegiate, and may be used for the School Extra bus as well as regular Transit service. While there are currently no COVID-19 health and safety restrictions on Moose Jaw Transit, masks are encouraged.
All Moose Jaw residents will have an opportunity to provide feedback on the City Transit system, as well as 2022 Budget priorities, with a public survey that will be released September 1. Families with questions about the School Extra bus routes and schedule may contact our Transit department by phone at 306-694-4488 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.