May 10, 2021
MOOSE JAW – Mayor Fraser Tolmie has proclaimed May 9-15, 2021 as Saskatchewan Economic Development Week in Moose Jaw, and May 10, 2021 as Indigenous Economic Development Day.
“Jobs, economic growth and a strong business sector are vital to the success of any community,” said Mayor Tolmie. “This week we recognize all of the sectors that contribute to economic development in Moose Jaw, with special thanks to the businesses that have persevered for over a year during the pandemic. We thank you for your patience and resilience.”
“Further,” added Mayor Tolmie, “we are pleased to celebrate Indigenous Economic Development Day. We continue to engage in dialogue about development and employment opportunities with the New Southern Plains Metis Local 160 and Kawacatoose First Nation.”
The City of Moose Jaw is proud of several economic developments and initiatives in the past year providing economic growth and employment opportunities:
- Servicing of the new Canadian Tire development on Thatcher Drive East.
- Servicing of the new SK Power Great Plains Power Station in the Agri-Food Industrial Park.
- Announcement of new joint-use school.
- City and Moose Jaw & District Chamber of Commerce partnering on Virtual Moose Jaw Marketplace.
- City working with the Chamber to assist local businesses impacted by COVID-19.
- City working with Downtown Business Association to enhance aesthetics and infrastructure for an enhanced Downtown experience for residents and visitors.
The City of Moose Jaw encourages residents to support economic development in Moose Jaw by supporting local businesses, either in person or online with the virtual Moose Jaw Marketplace – www.MooseJawMarketplace.ca.
Further, the City reminds contractors and prospective business owners that if you are planning on building or renovating, please visit the Planning & Development section of the City’s website, or call our Planning & Development department at 306-694-4443 before you get started to get ahead of any potential Bylaw or Building Code issues. The City wants your business to be a success.