September 22, 2021
MOOSE JAW – The City of Moose Jaw is now accepting applications for mail-in ballots for the November 3 Mayoral By-Election.
Voters may apply to receive a mail-in ballot by mail, email or fax, provided that the voter submits a copy of valid identification and their mail-in ballot application forms are witnessed by an authorized person, including:
- Any person authorized to sign oaths;
- A family member, provided the member is an eligible voter for the 2021 municipal by-election and has known the voter for at least two years;
- Anyone living at the same address as the voter, provided the individual is an eligible voter for the 2021 municipal by-election and has known the voter for at least two years;
- Occupation-based witnesses, such as medical doctor, dentist, pharmacist, etc.;
- Sask Health Authority employee employed in a hospital, senior facility or other facility governed by or affiliated with Sask Health.
Application forms and information about mail-in ballots is available online at MooseJaw.ca/2021ByElection or for pick up at City Hall – Commissionaire’s Desk – from Monday to Friday (except statutory holidays) 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Completed mail-in ballot applications will be accepted the following ways:
- email to email@example.com
- fax to 306-694-4528 (please note that faxed ID may not be legible)
- drop off at Commissionaire’s Desk, City Hall, from 10a.m. to 4 p.m.
- mail to City Clerk’s office, 228 Main St. North, Moose Jaw, SK S6H 3J8
- in person by appointment at the City Clerk’s Office, City Hall, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Depending on how you are submitting your application, the deadline differs:
1) An application to vote using a mail-in ballot may be made electronically or by mail provided that the application is received by the Returning Officer or other designated By-Election official on or before 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 12.
2) An application to vote using a mail-in ballot may be made in person and received by the Returning Officer or other designated By-Election official on or before 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 2, 2021.
All ballots must be received by the Returning Officer by 8:00 p.m. on November 3, 2021, By-Election Day.
For additional information, please contact the By-Election Office at 306-694-4426.