Moose Jaw, SK – The City of Moose Jaw is pleased to provide a recap of highlights from the August 14, 2023, regular meeting of Moose Jaw City Council.
- Council approved a Change Order to add an additional location the 2023 Water Main Replacement Program. This will allow the Engineering department and it’s contractors to complete Water Main Replacement work as well as a portion f the 16th Avenue Feeder Main replacement concurrently. Previously two qualified bids for the 16th Avenue project came in 50% over the available 2023 construction budget. 1,500 meters will still need to be completed.
- Following Council’s approval, the naming rights for the outdoor sports complex at Caribou Heights has been given to the Moose Jaw Kinsmen Club. The Naming Rights Sponsorship Agreement has been approved for $100,000 for 25 years beginning September 1st, 2023. Along with the contribution from the local club, Kinsmen Moose Jaw Minor Football will also contribute an additional $30,000 with all funds going towards new LED Lights, scoreboards and building and washroom upgrades.
- Council approved the appointment of Thomas Anderson as a Development Officer.
- Approval was granted for an amendment to the Out of Scope Temporary Assignment Policy, adjusting the additional salary of an out of scope employee covering another position from 20% to 8%.
- Council approved the minutes from the Investment Committee which included the 2nd quarter investment report. The City’s investment portfolio showed a 3.14% YTD return on the Moderate-Term and 4.64% YTD on the Long-Term Investment Portfolio.
The next regular meeting of Moose Jaw City Council is Monday, August 28, 2023. For videos and minutes from previous Council meetings, and to see future agendas, visit the City Council Minutes and Meetings page on the City’s website, www.MooseJaw.ca.