MOOSE JAW – The City of Moose Jaw is excited to support Moose Jaw Minor Hockey’s push to make Moose Jaw the winner of Kraft Hockeyville.
The annual competition gives one Canadian community the chance at hosting a National Hockey League (NHL) game, plus $250,000 worth of arena improvements.
The Pla-Mor Palace houses both the Wally Boschuk Arena (built in 1967) and Bert Hunt Arena (built in 1989) and would be the beneficiary should Moose Jaw come out victorious. Among the potential upgrades if Moose Jaw were to win:
- Accessibility enhancements to the ice surface, washrooms and parking lot (walkways and ramps).
- Additional dressing room space to accommodate all users.
- Referee room improvements.
- Glass and board replacement.
- Safety enhancements to players’ benches.
- Improved spectator areas and heating.
- Roofing, mechanical and flooring replacements.
“From One Horse Town, to Hometown Hockey, to Mac The Moose, Moose Javians know how to rally around a cause,” exclaimed Mayor Fraser Tolmie. “I know we can be Kraft Hockeyville in 2020, and I ask everyone to visit the Pla-Mor Palace Community Rally page on the Hockeyville website to show their support.”
The first step is to secure a spot in the Top 4 – visit this link to add your support: https://www.krafthockeyville.ca/community/plamorpalaceberthunt?phase=entry#/community/plamorpalaceberthunt