November 30, 2023
MOOSE JAW – The City of Moose Jaw has received an update from the Saskatchewan Ministry of Highways on planned repairs to Ninth Avenue Southwest.
The information was shared in a report to City Council at the November 27 regular meeting, and included the following details:
- The Ministry has completed a temporary road repair on the surface of 9th Ave SW.
- Frozen conditions are expected to slow the progression of the slide, so it is anticipated that the road surface will remain in good condition through winter.
- Field testing for the heritage assessment is currently underway.
- The Ministry is targeting a spring 2024 tender, and construction in fall 2024.
- No weight restrictions are required at this time. The Ministry continues to monitor this location.