City Playground Equipment Available For Use June 12
June 10, 2020
Moose Jaw, SK – The Government of Saskatchewan has announced that municipal playgrounds are able to re-open on Friday, June 12. The City of Moose Jaw will allow the use of playground equipment beginning June 12 based on the following public health orders:
- Those who are sick or have symptoms related to COVID-19 must not use parks or playgrounds.
- Use playground equipment at your own risk.
- It’s recommended that families carry hand sanitizer when visiting public spaces.
- Avoid overcrowding. Individual groups must not exceed the current restrictions on outdoor public gatherings (30).
- Limit gathering with other people when entering and leaving the park/playground and supervising children playing (e.g. paths, benches, picnic areas)
- If the playground equipment or park space is busy, come back when it’s not as busy or use another play area
- Consider visiting playgrounds close to home. This will limit the number of people with whom you may come into contact.
- Practice proper hand hygiene.
The City reminds residents that the BMX bike park, skateboard park and basketball courts are open for public use, but the rules above also apply.
For more details on City of Moose Jaw operations during COVID-19, click here.