City Issues Recreation Facilities Operations Update
December 18, 2020
MOOSE JAW – The City of Moose Jaw is providing an update on how City facilities and programs are affected by the Public Health measures announced by the Province on December 14, 2020.
Outdoor Ice Surfaces:
- Outdoor ice and Crokicurl surfaces are being installed.
- Warm-up shacks will be available and users must adhere to the current Public Health measures.
- Current outdoor public gathering limits allow for 30 people maximum on the ice surface.
- Organized or pick up hockey is not permitted until further notice. Nets will not be provided.
- Full details on the status of individual outdoor ice surfaces, warm-up shack hours, and Public Health measures can be found at https://moosejaw.ca/parks-recreation-culture/outdoor-rinks-crokicurl/
- The fitness centre and indoor track will remain open but with reduced capacity limits and mandatory masking for all activities.
- Fitness classes will be put on hold between December 23, 2020 and January 18, 2021.
- Turf rentals remain available and must adhere to current Public Health measures.
- Drop-in turf activities are suspended until further notice.
Kinsmen Sportsplex Pool:
- Swimming and Water Workout continues within the updated capacity limits and physical distancing/masking guidelines. Additional family swims will be offered through the Holiday season.
- Swimming lessons, advanced courses and private rentals remain suspended until further notice.
Mosaic Place and City Arenas (Kinsmen Sportsplex Arena, Pla-Mor Palace)
- The Pla-Mor Palace will remain closed until further notice.
- Mosaic Place will be closed to the public from December 24 through January 1.
- The Kinsmen Sportsplex Arena will remain open.
- Public skating will resume on December 21, 2020 at the Kinsmen Sportsplex Arena under the current Public Health measures.
- Shinny hockey, stick and puck and adult recreational hockey remains suspended until further notice.
- Mandatory mask use and three (3) metres of physical distancing is required in all areas including the ice surface.
Moose Jaw Ford Curling Centre
- All curling leagues remain paused through January 15, 2021. For further information, call the Moose Jaw Ford Curling Centre at 306-624-2048.
For a list of holiday facility hours, click here.
Participants must book ahead for all available recreation activities (except outdoor skating surfaces). Use the Online Recreation link on the City’s website or the Recreation Registration button on the free City of Moose Jaw app.