July 15, 2020
MOOSE JAW – The City of Moose Jaw is pleased to provide an update on reopening plans for City Facilities that have been closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. All facilities will reopen in compliance with the Public Health measures under the Government of Saskatchewan’s Public Health Order and the Re-Open Saskatchewan Plan.
- City Hall will reopen to the public Monday, July 20, 2020 with reduced public hours of operation. (11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Monday – Friday)
- Capacity restrictions will be in effect for all areas including City Council meetings.
- Customer health screening will be in effect including temperature checks.
- All visitors must use hand sanitizer and non-medical masks will also be available and are recommended.
- Appointments are required for individual meetings with City Administration or Mayor.
KINSMEN SPORTSPLEX AQUATIC FACILITY
- The City is targeting Thursday, August 13 for the reopening of the Kinsmen Sportsplex indoor pools.
- Preparation for reopening is underway and includes:
- Filling, heating, and treating the pools.
- Developing a new programming plan and updating the Aquatic Safety Plan to adhere to provincial guidelines.
- Recalling, retraining, and recertifying staff.
- Facility modifications and Public Health inspection.
- The full programming plan including new guidelines will be announced in early August.
- Note: It is anticipated that swim lessons will remain postponed until the fall.
- Summer day camps and outdoor fitness classes opened Monday, July 6.
- The fitness centre & walking track open Monday, August 10.
- Turf rentals and drop-in turf reopening dates will be announced in early August along with the new programming plan and operating guidelines.
- Reopening dates for City arenas including Mosaic Place remain under review. Further information will be provided once available.
- Registration is open for Yara Centre summer day camps, outdoor fitness classes and the FREE Play at Home Summer Program.
- To sign up, use the Online Recreation Registration button at www.moosejaw.ca or the City of Moose Jaw app. Space is limited.
For full details on all City of Moose Jaw facilities and services affected by COVID-19, click here.