City Facilities Reopen Plan; Summer Day Camps and Outdoor Fitness Classes Begin July 6
June 23, 2020
Moose Jaw, SK – The City of Moose Jaw is pleased to announce plans to reopen our facilities that have been closed since March 17.
“We’re excited to unveil plans for our facilities to open in a safe, responsible manner following the parameters set by the provincial government in the Reopen Saskatchewan plan,” said Jim Puffalt, City Manager.
OUTDOOR RECREATION FACILITIES AND SPACES
- Ball diamonds and athletic fields open Tuesday, June 23.
- Crescent Park amphiteatre rentals open Tuesday, June 23. (Graduations and weddings only)
- All City spray parks open Thursday, June 25.
- The Phyllis Dewar Outdoor Pool will not open in 2020.
- City paddling pools will not open in 2020.
INDOOR RECREATION & CULTURE FACILITIES
- Yara Centre will be reopened through a phased approach.
- Phase 1: Summer day camps and outdoor fitness classes open Monday, July 6.
- Phase 2: Fitness centre & walking track opens Monday, August 10
- Phase 3: Turf rentals and drop-in turf reopening dates are pending further announcements on Phase 4.2 of Re-Open Saskatchewan Plan.
- Sportsplex Indoor Pool, Kinsmen Arena, Pla-Mor Palace, Public Library, Museum and Art Gallery, Cultural Centre and Mosaic Place reopening dates are pending further announcements on Phase 4.2 of Re-Open Saskatchewan Plan.
- Registration for the Yara Centre Summer Day Camp and Outdoor Fitness Classes are now open. Please use the online registration link or the City of Moose Jaw app to register. Or you can call Yara Centre at (306)694-4560. Space is limited.
Preparations are underway for the reopening of City Hall to the public. This will require the installation of additional safety and security measures, and the City will announce an official date in July.
For further details visit our COVID-19 updates page.