April 3, 2020
Moose Jaw – The City of Moose Jaw has released its list of essential services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
“There are certain services that our residents need no matter the circumstances,” explained City Manager Jim Puffalt. “There are also functions that are required to properly maintain and upgrade assets to prevent larger costs down the road. Finally, we look to support any development and economic growth that is possible during these trying times, while seeking future opportunities.”
Puffalt added “the City will continue to provide these services while following the government’s COVID-19 safety recommendations.”
• Fire Services and support staff – not including inspections
• Water Distribution & Wastewater/Sewer Utility including upgrades, repairs and construction
• EMO/Strategic Leadership (Directors) Team Members – Emergency Planning
• City Council Regular & Executive Meetings – essential items
• Waste Collection and Disposal, Recycling
• Waste Management Facility
• Transit and Paratransit
• Building/Facility maintenance, repair, upgrades and housekeeping
• Parks, greenspaces and pathway maintenance, repair, upgrades and groundskeeping
• Cemetery services
• Road Construction and maintenance
• Fleet repair and maintenance
• Financial, Information Technology, Legal, Communications and Human Resources to support the above
Resources deemed essential by Municipalities to support local economy and ensure adherence to necessary Bylaws:
• Bylaw Enforcement
• Building Inspections
• Land Sales
• Economic Development
City facilities remain closed to the public, but the City offers several online payment options.
Additionally, payments or other documentation can be dropped in the 24-hour mail slot near the front doors of City Hall. For further updates on the City’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, visit www.MooseJaw.ca/coronavirus.