June 29, 2020
Moose Jaw, SK – The City of Moose Jaw offers the following reminders about City facilities and services for J020 (Canada Day):
All City facilities remain closed to the public due to COVID-19, and all City departments are closed Canada Day, July 1. There are several online payment options available via www.MooseJaw.ca and payments can be dropped in the City Hall mail slot at any time.
Transit: No service July 1.
Waste Collection: Zones 5 and 6 (as scheduled).
Recycling Collection: Zone 4 (as scheduled).
Sanitary Landfill: Open 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
The City reminds residents that parks, playgrounds and spray parks are open, but we offer these reminders:
- Those who are sick or have symptoms related to COVID-19 must stay home.
- Use spray parks, playgrounds and parks at your own risk.
- It’s recommended that families carry hand sanitizer when visiting public spaces practice proper hand hygiene.
- Avoid overcrowding. Individual groups must not exceed the current restrictions on outdoor public gatherings (30).
- Limit gathering with other people when entering and leaving the park and supervising children playing. (e.g. paths, benches, picnic areas)
- If the spray park or playground is busy, come back when it’s not as busy or use another play area.
- Reduce physical contact with spray park features wherever possible.
- Children should be supervised at all times by a parent or guardian, and reminded not to touch or contact others.
For further information on City services and operations affected by COVID-19, visit www.MooseJaw.ca/coronavirus and download the City’s Request For Service app to report an issue and receive notifications when updates occur.