August 27, 2021
MOOSE JAW – Servicing construction for the City of Moose Jaw’s Agri-Food Industrial Park continues but has been delayed due to recent heavy rain.
The project includes feeder main Installation, water main and sanitary sewer replacement and storm sewer rehabilitation. To allow for construction, some traffic restrictions are necessary. The latest progress update:
- Intersection of Coteau St. and 9th SE is completed and open to traffic.
- Work on the west side of the CN bridge towards 3rd Ave NE and Fairford St. E will begin the week of August 30th, 2021. This will include the closure of 3rd Ave NE intersection.
- Surface work is underway on the areas east of the CN bridge, from 3rd Ave NE to 5th Ave NE.
- Fairford St E and 8th Ave NE intersection is closed as infrastructure work is ongoing.
During this construction the Route 1/Athabasca East Moose Jaw Transit has been adjusted as follows:
- Route 1/Athabasca East will continue West on Athabasca Street East past 7th Avenue NE. Temporary bus stops will be located on the NW corner of Athabasca St. E/7th Ave NE, the NW corner of Athabasca St. E / 6th Ave NE, and the NE corner of Athabasca St. E / 4th Ave NE.
The route will turn South at 3rd Ave NE, and then turn West on Fairford St E, connecting to the regular route.
The City asks all drivers to obey posted signage and exercise caution in construction zones for the safety of everyone.