October 29, 2021
Moose Jaw, SK – Construction crews are nearing completion of all scheduled locations under the City of Moose Jaw’s 2021 Water Main Replacement Program. Here is the latest progress update for the following locations:
Caribou St. W from 4th Ave NW to 10th Ave NW (1370m)
- All underground work is complete and paving is complete from 4th-9th Avenue NW, including the 9th/Caribou St. intersection.
- The 9th/Caribou St. intersection remains closed to traffic until line painting for new lane configurations is complete.
- The intersection is anticipated to open to traffic Wednesday, November 3 (weather permitting).
- Once open, the new lane configurations and traffic signals will go into effect at the intersection.
- The new lane configurations provide for a left-turn only lane, and a straight through/right turn lane at each intersection corner.
Elsom St. from Main St. South to 2nd Ave SE (416m)
Construction and paving have been completed and Elsom St. is open between Main St. South and 2nd Avenue SE.
7th Ave NW from Caribou St. W to Saskatchewan St. W (661m)
Surface work continues on the 800 and 1000 blocks of 7th Avenue NW, with the Oxford St. intersection closed to traffic (Caribou St. and Hall St. intersections are open).
Carleton St. from 9th Ave NW to 10th Ave NW (275m)
- 900 block of Carleton St., including the 10th Ave NW intersection, is closed to traffic as crews continue construction. Underground complete, surface work is ongoing.
The other location chosen for water main replacement in 2021 is Fairford St. E from 3rd Ave NE to 5th Ave NE (290m). That work is now complete and was part of servicing work for the Agri-Food Industrial Park.
The City of Moose Jaw asks all drivers to obey signage and exercise caution in construction zones for the safety of everyone.