January 31, 2023
MOOSE JAW – The City of Moose Jaw has unveiled a new Housing Incentive Policy as part of the 2023 Municipal Budget and urges developers to take advantage of these incentives.
“Moose Jaw has experienced a surge of economic growth over the least few years and that is starting to put pressure on our housing market,” said Clive Tolley, Mayor. “We need new housing to keep up with the rising demand and we believe this new Policy will help spur new construction.”
- PROPERTY TAX EXEMPTION: Housing projects may be eligible to receive a 5-year Tax Phase-in (100%-80%-60%- 40%-20%) or 5-year 100% Tax Exemption.
- CAPITAL GRANT: Housing projects may be eligible to receive a base grant of $3,000 per housing unit. City Administration may approve a Capital Grant up to $5,000 per housing unit if the project incorporates multiple municipal housing objectives, to a project maximum of $25,000. Capital Grants are provided as funding sufficiency allows.
- SECONDARY SUITES: The installation of new secondary suites (click here for secondary suite regulations) or the legalization of existing suites in infill areas are eligible for a Capital Grant to a maximum of $3,000
- INFILL AND REPLACEMENT HOUSING: – Replacement and infill housing must be located within existing and previously developed infill areas. The City has some of these lots for sale. Contact us for details.
- APPROVED FEDERAL AND PROVINCIAL PROJECTS: Any project which creates new housing units or beds and has been approved for financial or other support under a Federal or Provincial housing-related incentive program may be eligible for incentive at the discretion of City Council.
For further details email: email@example.com or call the City’s Planning & Development department at 306-694-4443.