June 4, 2021
Moose Jaw, SK – The City of Moose Jaw advises that construction under the 2021 Water Main Replacement Program continues.
Contractors have begun replacement between the 400-600 blocks of Caribou St. West. During the construction period the Caribou St. Intersections of 5th , 6th and Algoma Avenues will be temporarily closed to traffic . 5th Avenue between Caribou St. and Oxford St. is also temporarily closed to accommodate construction.
Water main replacement is also underway on Elsom St. between Main St. South and 1st Avenue S E, with the following road closures in effect:
– Elsom St. between Main St. S. and 1st Ave SE.
– Main St. S. between Coteau St. W. and Grandview St. W. (Heavy truck traffic will need to use 9 th Avenue NW to access Highway 2 South . Detour signage will be in place).
All businesses in the construction area s remain open and alternate access points are available. All locations selected for water main replacement in 2021 are :
• Caribou St. W from 4th NW to 10th NW (1370m)
• Elsom St. from Main St. South to 2nd SE (416m)
• 7thAve NW from Caribou St. W to Saskatchewan St. W (661m)
• Carleton St. from 9th NW to 10th NW (275m)
• Fairford St. E from 3rd NE to 5th NE (290m) (Underway between 3rd – 4th Avenue. Road closed to traffic, but intersections are open. This work is being performed by a separate contractor under the servicing contract for the Agri-Food Industrial Park)
Additionally, crews continue to complete water main replacement construction under the 2020 contract, including:
900 – 1000 Block Stadacona St. East : Concrete and surface work continues timeline TBA
0-300 Block High St. and 0 200 block Fairford St. East: Crews will perform final touch ups to surface works beginning Monday, June 7. No road closures will be necessary though there may be minor traffic restrictions.
We will continue to issue weekly water main construction updates on our website, www.MooseJaw.ca/watermainreplacement and through our City of Moose Jaw app, available for free in your favourite app store.
The City of Moose Jaw asks all drivers to obey signage and exercise caution in construction zones for the safety of everyone.