June 18, 2021
MOOSE JAW – The City of Moose Jaw advises that construction under the 2021 Water Main Replacement Program continues.
Contractors have begun replacement between the 400-600 blocks of Caribou St. West. The Caribou St. intersections of 5th, 6th and Algoma Avenues are temporarily closed to traffic. 5th Avenue between Caribou St. and Oxford St. is also temporarily closed to accommodate construction.
Crews will extend the closure along the 600 block beginning Wednesday, June 23. The 7th Avenue NW intersection will be closed to the south but open on the north side of Caribou St.
Water main replacement is also underway Elsom St. between Main St. South and 1st Avenue SE, with the following road closures in effect:
- Elsom St. between Main St. S. and 1st Ave SE.
- The 100 block of Elsom St. will be closed to traffic as construction continues.
- Main St. S. between Coteau St. W. and Grandview St. W. has reopened.
All businesses in the construction areas remain open and alternate access points are available. All locations selected for water main replacement in 2021 are:
- Caribou St. W from 4thNW to 10thNW (1370m)
- Elsom St. from Main St. South to 2ndSE (416m)
- 7thAve NW from Caribou St. W to Saskatchewan St. W (661m)
- Carleton St. from 9thNW to 10thNW (275m)
- Fairford St. E from 3rdNE to 5thNE (290m) Further details on this project found here.
Additionally, crews continue to complete water main replacement construction under the 2020 contract, including:
900-1000 Block Stadacona St. East: Paving almost complete and road will reopen to traffic Saturday, June 19.
We will continue to issue weekly water main construction updates on our website, www.MooseJaw.ca/watermainreplacement and through our City of Moose Jaw app, available for free in your favourite app store.
The City of Moose Jaw asks all drivers to obey signage and exercise caution in construction zones for the safety of everyone.