July 16, 2021
MOOSE JAW – The City of Moose Jaw advises that construction under the 2021 Water Main Replacement Program continues at the following locations:
Caribou St. W from 4th NW to 10th NW (1370m)
- Construction on the 400 block of Caribou St. West is complete and the road, including the 5th Avenue NE intersection, is open.
- Paving is underway on the 500 block, and is expected to be complete by July 23, weather permitting (extreme heat may delay paving).
- Beginning Wednesday, July 21, the road closure will extend to the 800 block, up to the 9th Avenue NW intersection (the intersection will be open to traffic).
- All businesses remain open and a special pathway has been created for customers to access Remco Memorials at 721 Caribou St. West. Customers can access the pathway via 8th Avenue NW, south of Caribou St.
Elsom St. from Main St. South to 2nd Ave SE (416m)
Construction continues on Elsom St. between Main St. South and 2nd Avenue SE. Elsom St. between Main St. S. and 2nd Ave SE. is temporarily closed to traffic, including the 2nd Ave. SE intersection.
Other locations selected for water main replacement in 2021 are:
- 7th Ave NW from Caribou St. W to Saskatchewan St. W (661m)
- Carleton St. from 9th NW to 10thNW (275m)
- Fairford St. E from 3rd NE to 5thNE (290m) (Currently under construction as part of servicing work for Agri-Food Industrial Park).
We will continue to issue weekly water main construction updates on our website, www.MooseJaw.ca/watermainreplacement and through our City of Moose Jaw app, available for free in your favourite app store.
The City of Moose Jaw asks all drivers to obey signage and exercise caution in construction zones for the safety of everyone.