August 27, 2021
MOOSE JAW – Heavy rain has delayed construction under the City of Moose Jaw’s 2021 Water Main Replacement Program. Here is the latest progress update for the following locations:
Caribou St. W from 4th Ave NW to 10th Ave NW (1370m)
- Construction/paving is complete on the 400, 500 and 600 blocks of Caribou St. West and the road is open up to and including the 7th Avenue NW (south) intersection (7th Avenue north intersection is closed).
- Caribou St. is currently closed from the west side of the 7th Ave NW south intersection up to 9th Ave NW (the 9th Ave NW intersection remain open to traffic).
- All area businesses remain open and alternate access points are available.
Crews will begin underground work on the 900 block the week of August 30 (date TBA depending on weather), with the 9th Avenue intersection remaining open.
Elsom St. from Main St. South to 2nd Ave SE (416m)
Construction and paving have been completed and Elsom St. is open between Main St. South and 2nd Avenue SE.
7th Ave NW from Caribou St. W to Saskatchewan St. W (661m)
Construction has begun on the 1000 block 7th Ave NW. 7th Ave NW is currently closed from Oxford St. to Saskatchewan St. W. The Hall St. intersection is closed, while Saskatchewan St. intersection is open. Surface work is delayed and will be completed as weather allows.
Other locations selected for water main replacement in 2021 are:
- Carleton St. from 9th Ave NW to 10thAve NW (275m)
- Fairford St. E from 3rd Ave NE to 5thAve NE (290m) (Currently under construction as part of servicing work for Agri-Food Industrial Park).
We will continue to issue weekly water main construction updates on our website, www.MooseJaw.ca/watermainreplacement and through our City of Moose Jaw app, available for free in your favourite app store.
The City of Moose Jaw asks all drivers to obey signage and exercise caution in construction zones for the safety of everyone.