July 30, 2021
MOOSE JAW – The City of Moose Jaw advises that construction under the 2021 Water Main Replacement Program continues at the following locations:
Caribou St. W from 4th Ave NW to 10th Ave NW (1370m)
– Construction on the 500 block of Caribou St. West is complete and the road, including the 6th Avenue NW intersection, is open.
– Caribou is currently closed from 6th Ave NW to 9th Ave NW (the 6th Ave NW & 9th Ave NW intersections remain open to traffic).
– All businesses remain open and a special pathway has been created for customers to access Remco Memorials at 721 Caribou St. West. Customers can access the pathway via 8th Avenue NW, south of Caribou St.
Elsom St. from Main St. South to 2nd Ave SE (416m)
Construction continues on Elsom St. between Main St. South and 2nd Avenue SE. Elsom St. between Main St. S. and 2nd Ave SE. is temporarily closed to traffic, including the 2nd Ave. SE intersection. Surface work is ongoing.
7th Ave NW from Caribou St. W to Saskatchewan St. W (661m)
Construction has begun on the 1100 block 7th Ave NW. 7th Ave NW is currently closed from Hall St. W to Saskatchewan St. W (Saskatchewan St. W intersection will remain open to traffic).
Other locations selected for water main replacement in 2021 are:
• Carleton St. from 9th Ave NW to 10th Ave NW (275m)
• Fairford St. E from 3rd Ave NE to 5th Ave NE (290m) (Currently under construction as part of servicing work for Agri-Food Industrial Park).
We will continue to issue weekly water main construction updates on our website, www.MooseJaw.ca/watermainreplacement and through our City of Moose Jaw app, available for free in your favourite app store.
The City of Moose Jaw asks all drivers to obey signage and exercise caution in construction zones for the safety of everyone.