October 1, 2021
MOOSE JAW – A return to dry weather has helped crews resume construction under the City of Moose Jaw’s 2021 Water Main Replacement Program. Here is the latest progress update for the following locations:
Caribou St. W from 4th Ave NW to 10th Ave NW (1370m)
- The 9th Avenue NW intersection is temporarily closed to traffic to allow for water main construction and completion of planned traffic signal upgrades.
- Construction/paving is complete on the 400, 500, 600 and 700 blocks of Caribou St. West and the road is open up to 8th Avenue NW, including the 8th Avenue intersection.
- Surface work continues from the 8th Avenue intersection up to 9th Ave NW.
- Crews continue underground work on the 900 block, and the 10th Avenue intersection is closed until further notice.
- All area businesses remain open and alternate access points are available.
Elsom St. from Main St. South to 2nd Ave SE (416m)
Construction and paving have been completed and Elsom St. is open between Main St. South and 2nd Avenue SE.
7th Ave NW from Caribou St. W to Saskatchewan St. W (661m)
Construction has begun on the 800 block of 7th Ave NW, with the Hall St. and Oxford St. intersections closed to traffic (Caribou St. and Saskatchewan St. intersections are open). Surface work continues on the 1000 block of 7th Avenue NW. Paving is complete and the 1100 block and Hall St. intersection will open to traffic October 2.
Carleton St. from 9th Ave NW to 10th Ave NW (275m)
- 900 block of Carleton St., including the 10th Ave NW intersection, will be closed to traffic beginning October 4 as crews begin underground construction.
The other location chosen for water main replacement in 2021 is Fairford St. E from 3rd Ave NE to 5th Ave NE (290m). That work is being completed as part of servicing work for the Agri-Food Industrial Park.
The City of Moose Jaw asks all drivers to obey signage and exercise caution in construction zones for the safety of everyone.