July 2, 2021
MOOSE JAW – The City of Moose Jaw advises that construction under the 2021 Water Main Replacement Program continues.
- Contractors continue replacement on Caribou St. West. Paving has begun on the 400 block of Caribou St. West, while the construction area has extended west up to 7th The 7th Ave intersection is open to the north and closed to the south. The Connaught intersection is temporarily closed.
Water main replacement is also underway on Elsom St. between Main St. South and 2nd Avenue SE, with the following road closures in effect:
- Elsom St. between Main St. S. and 2nd Ave SE.
Main St. South and 1st Avenue SE are open to traffic.
All businesses in the construction areas remain open and alternate access points are available. All locations selected for water main replacement in 2021 are:
- Caribou St. W from 4thNW to 10thNW (1370m)
- Elsom St. from Main St. South to 2ndSE (416m)
- 7thAve NW from Caribou St. W to Saskatchewan St. W (661m)
- Carleton St. from 9thNW to 10thNW (275m)
- Fairford St. E from 3rdNE to 5thNE (290m) (Currently under construction as part of servicing work for Agri-Food Industrial Park).
Additionally, crews continue to complete water main replacement construction under the 2020 contract. Some final touch-up work is ongoing on the 600-800 blocks of Stadacona St. East, while the 900 block has been paved and the road reopened.
We will continue to issue weekly water main construction updates on our website, www.MooseJaw.ca/watermainreplacement and through our City of Moose Jaw app, available for free in your favourite app store.
The City of Moose Jaw asks all drivers to obey signage and exercise caution in construction zones for the safety of everyone.