May 14, 2021
Moose Jaw, SK – The City of Moose Jaw advises that construction under the 2021 Water Main Replacement Program is underway.
Contractors have begun replacement between the 400-600 blocks of Caribou St. West. During the construction period the Caribou St. intersections of 5th, 6th and Algoma Avenues will be temporarily closed to traffic.
Next week, temporary water will be set up for residents affected by water main replacement on Elsom St. between Main St. South and 1st Avenue SE. Beginning Tuesday, May 25, the following road closures will be in effect:
- Elsom St. between Main St. S. and 1st Ave SE.
- Main St. S. between Coteau St. W. and Grandview St. W.
All businesses in the construction areas remain open and alternate access points are available. The five locations selected for water main replacement in 2021 are:
- Caribou St. W from 4thNW to 10thNW (1370m)
- Elsom St. from Main St. South to 2ndSE (416m)
- 7thAve NW from Caribou St. W to Saskatchewan St. W (661m)
- Carleton St. from 9thNW to 10thNW (275m)
- Fairford St. E from 3rdNE to 5thNE (290m) (To be performed by a separate contractor under the servicing contract for the Agri-Food Industrial Park)
Additionally, crews continue to complete water main replacement construction under the 2020 contract, including:
900-1000 Block Stadacona St. East: Private service connection work is near completion. Concrete and surface work will begin the week of May 17-21.
3rd Avenue NW between Hall St. and Macdonald St.: Milling and paving between Hall and Macdonald St. will begin Monday, May 17.
We will continue to issue weekly water main construction updates on our website, www.MooseJaw.ca/watermainreplacement and through our City of Moose Jaw app, available for free in your favourite app store.
The City of Moose Jaw asks all drivers to obey signage and exercise caution in construction zones for the safety of everyone.