October 21, 2021
MOOSE JAW – Construction crews are nearing completion of all scheduled locations under the City of Moose Jaw’s 2021 Water Main Replacement Program. Here is the latest progress update for the following locations:
Caribou St. W from 4th Ave NW to 10th Ave NW (1370m)
- The 9th Avenue NW intersection is temporarily closed to traffic to allow for water main construction and completion of planned traffic signal upgrades.
- Paving of 9th Avenue NW intersection east to Elgin Avenue is anticipated to be complete by October 28 (weather permitting).
- Surface work continues on the 900 block and the 10th Avenue NW intersection remains temporarilly closed.
- Construction/paving is complete on the 400, 500, 600 and 700 blocks of Caribou St. West and the road is open up to Elgin Ave. intersection.
- All area businesses remain open and alternate access points are available.
Elsom St. from Main St. South to 2nd Ave SE (416m)
Construction and paving have been completed and Elsom St. is open between Main St. South and 2nd Avenue SE.
7th Ave NW from Caribou St. W to Saskatchewan St. W (661m)
Surface work continues on the 800 and 1000 blocks of 7th Avenue NW, with the Oxford St. intersection closed to traffic (Caribou St. and Hall St. intersections are open).
Carleton St. from 9th Ave NW to 10th Ave NW (275m)
- 900 block of Carleton St., including the 10th Ave NW intersection, is closed to traffic as crews continue construction.
The other location chosen for water main replacement in 2021 is Fairford St. E from 3rd Ave NE to 5th Ave NE (290m). That work is being completed as part of servicing work for the Agri-Food Industrial Park.
The City of Moose Jaw asks all drivers to obey signage and exercise caution in construction zones for the safety of everyone.