November 5, 2021
MOOSE JAW – Construction crews are nearing completion of all scheduled locations under the City of Moose Jaw’s 2021 Water Main Replacement Program. Here is the latest progress update for the following locations:
Caribou St. W from 4th Ave NW to 10th Ave NW (1370m)
- All underground work is complete and paving is complete from 4th-9h Avenue NW, including the 9th/Caribou St. intersection.
- The 900 block has reopened to traffic and the final overlay of asphalt on the 900 block will be completed at the beginning of the 2022 construction season.
- The new lane configurations at the 9th/Caribou St. intersection provide for a left-turn only lane, and a straight through/right turn lane at each intersection corner.
Elsom St. from Main St. South to 2nd Ave SE (416m)
- Construction and paving have been completed and Elsom St. is open between Main St. South and 2nd Avenue SE.
7th Ave NW from Caribou St. W to Saskatchewan St. W (661m)
- 7th Avenue NW has reopened to traffic. All underground and surface work is complete, except for the final overlay of asphalt on the 800 block, which will be completed at the beginning of 2022 construction season.
Carleton St. from 9th Ave NW to 10th Ave NW (275m)
- 900 block of Carleton St., including the 10th Ave NW intersection, is closed to traffic as crews continue surface work. The road will reopen the week of November 8, with the final overlay of asphalt to occur at the beginning of the 2022 construction season.
The other location chosen for water main replacement in 2021 is Fairford St. E from 3rd Ave NE to 5th Ave NE (290m). That work is now complete and was part of servicing work for the Agri-Food Industrial Park. The final overlay of asphalt underneath the CN overpass will be completed at the beginning of the 2022 construction season.