April 30, 2021
Moose Jaw, SK – The City of Moose Jaw advises that contractors will mobilize on the 400-600 blocks of Caribou St. West the week of May 3, 2021 in anticipation of water main replacement construction.
In 2021, just over three kilometres of water main pipe will be replaced at the following five locations:
- Elsom St. from Main St. South to 2ndSE (416m)
- 7thAve NW from Caribou St. W to Saskatchewan St. W (661m)
- Carleton St. from 9thNW to 10th NW (275m)
- Fairford St. E from 3rdNE to 5th NE (290m) (To be performed by a separate contractor under the servicing contract for the Agri-Food Industrial Park)
- Caribou St. W from 4thNW to 10th NW (1370m)
Contractors have provided notices to affected residents on the 400-600 blocks of Caribou St. West and will begin to set up temporary water the week of May 3-7.
Construction is expected to begin the week of May 10, weather permitting, resulting in the Caribou St. intersections of 5th, 6th and Algoma Avenues temporarily closed to traffic.
All businesses in the construction area remain open and sidewalk access is available.
For full details on the 2021 Water Main Replacement Program, visit: www.MooseJaw.ca/watermainreplacement or use the Water Main Replacement button on the free City of Moose Jaw app.